Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – We are bound by the following terms and conditions of sale. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
1. Note that we make all our items by hand, they are unique and cannot be replicated exactly. The colour or finish can also present small variations.
2. Unless otherwise specified, we only use precious metal, either solid sterling silver 925 or 18k yellow gold, genuine pearls and natural gemstones.
3. All item prices are listed in Great British Pounds and inclusive of VAT and exclusive of delivery costs (see below).
4. We accept payment by PayPal only. If you use an e-cheque through PayPal, we are required to wait for the cheque to clear before we can ship. Your PayPal account will show the status of your payment.
5. Where allowed, you will need to paid backorders in full before the work can start. Please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
6. We make all our items to order. They are usually shipped within 15 working days of purchase. However, given the current COVID situation, please allow for some extra time as delays may occur.
7. You will find the shipping options at checkout. All options include insurance and require a signature.
8. You, the customer, are liable to pay any customs duties or taxes for importing the item in to your country,
REFUNDS and EXCHANGES
9. If you are not completely happy with your purchase you have the right to return the item and request a refund within 14 days of receipt. Please notify us by emailing email@example.com.
10. The item must be in its original packaging, in an unworn condition, and must be returned within 5 days of the refund request to be eligible for a refund. You, the buyer, assumes the cost of return shipping.
12. COMMISSIONS – We require a 50% non-refundable deposit for all bespoke items of jewellery. The remaining 50% may be eligible for a refund in certain circumstances, for example if the item does not meet the original design brief.
13. Note that we do not do exchanges.
14. Repairs will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have placed the piece under extreme conditions that are beyond everyday use, or if it is general wear and tear, then the item is not eligible for repair.
If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services. You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time. Essemgé are registered in the United Kingdom with our registered office and main trading address at Art Hub Studios, Studio 31, 5-9 Creekside, London SE8 4SA.